- Do Not Make Personal Attacks Posts that serve no purpose other than to flame users annihilate the quality of discussion. Do not make personal attacks of other users or businesses. This includes personal attacks obfuscated by vague language. You may critique or disdain argument and opinion posted by users and businesses, but you may not extend that method to maligning the users themselves.
- Do Not Make Harassing Posts Do not harass or otherwise target users for disparagement across the site, especially where doing so assassinates or distresses the character of the user or business. Do not sexually harass users. Do not use threatening language. This includes posts which, by those contents, would cause a reasonable observer to become concerned for their own safety.
- No Spamming Do not post copies of the same thread, the same thread to multiple subforums, or copy the same post to multiple threads. Avoid making empty “bump” posts or necroposting (bumping very old threads). Please refrain from appending ASCII logos, macros, memes or other taglines (manual signatures) to each of your posts. Do not endeavour to circumvent the automatic spam filter. Never repost a thread or post that has been deleted or locked by a moderator unless instructed otherwise.
- No Advertising Advertising bots, propaganda accounts (including the evangelizing variety), and persons who register with the intention of using this forum for SEO or link-dropping will be banned without warning. Meet Sunnybank asks that other registered users also refrain from engaging in casual or commercial ad campaigns upon the forum. Attempts to solicit traffic from this forum are forbidden. Do not import forum drama or politics from some other forum to this one.
- Respect User Privacy Do not post the contents of private messages on the open forum without the permission of all parties involved. Additionally, we ask that you not reveal personal details about other users without their permission. This specifically includes acts like the posting of addresses or telephone numbers.
- Post With Quality In Mind Although there is nothing wrong with being succinct, terse, or directly to the point, we ask that you try to avoid one-lined irrelevance. Do not dump excessively lurid or crude content into existing threads or create threads for that purpose. Do not post racist or antisemitic material anywhere on this forum. They will be deleted by Meet Sunnybank moderators without warning.
- Post Legibly Please do not make posts in ALL CAPS, custom-format posts in a manner that breaks up the visual continuity of the thread, or otherwise make posts difficult for users to read. Post in English primarily (we cannot moderate all languages).
- Use Tasteful Customisations Vulgar, disruptive, or poorly formatted usernames, custom text and avatars will be mollified or removed at Meet Sunnybank’s moderator’s discretion.
- No Duplicate Accounts Each user is allowed one account. Please note that users who attempt to register multiple accounts may be placed onto the website’s blacklist automatically, which can have the effect of suspending all account function for each account associated with that user. Do not login to accounts other than your own. Purposefully assuming multiple identities (sockpuppetry) will not be tolerated.
- File Size Default dimensions are 150x150x.
- File size must be 100kb or less.
- Offensive Content
- While we are not easily offended, Meet Sunnybank will nevertheless remove any avatar that we find to be potentially legally problematic or otherwise disruptive to the function of this website. This is to include but not be limited to nudity, gore, and/or strongly explicit content.
MeetSunnybank Classified Ads Guidelines and Rules
This is MeetSunnybank Classifieds, the community knowledge centre of the Southside specialising in the needs of the Asian community.
We provide community knowledge, business information, classified advertisements and services that cater to the cultural requirements of Brisbane’s Southside community.
We are here to connect buyers and sellers, business to customers and the sharing of services.
Our goal is to create safe online community to facilitate safe local trade. Help us grow by posting an ad with us today!
MeetSunnybank Classifieds Team
Your Account. To access and use some of the Services, you may need to register with us and set up an account with your email address and a password (your “Account”). The email address you register with will be your email address, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all activities that happen under your Account.
If you believe your Account has been compromised or misused, contact us immediately at MeetSunnybank Customer Support.
To use the Services, you must be over 18 years old. You agree that you will only post in relation to goods or services in Australia in the appropriate category or area and you agree that you will not do any of the following bad things:
- violate any laws or the Posting Rules;
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- be false or misleading;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute or send communications that contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm MeetSunnybank, the Services or the interests or property of MeetSunnybank users;
- impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of the Services;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent;
- use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Services and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent; and/or
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Services.
Some of the Service’s features may display your ad on other sites in the global eBay community, like on eBay or our classifieds sites in other countries. By using the Services, you agree that your ads can be displayed on these other sites. The terms for our other sites are similar to these terms, but you may be subject to additional laws or other restrictions in the countries where your ad is posted. When you choose to post your ad to another site, you may be responsible for ensuring that it does not violate our other site policies. We may remove your ad if it is flagged on any of our sites, or if we believe it causes problems or violates any law or policy.
Using the Services is generally free. We may sometimes charge a fee for certain features or Services. If the feature you use incurs a fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge before purchase. If you choose to pause an ad at any stage, any features you have applied to your ad will not be paused. Our fees are quoted in Australian Dollars, and we may sometimes change them. We’ll notify you of changes to our fees by posting the changes on the site. We may sometimes temporarily change our fees for testing purposes, promotional events or new features, these changes take effect from the time the price change is posted to the site. Our fees are non-refundable after the feature is supplied, and you are responsible for paying them when they are due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using collection mechanisms, including third party debt collection services. Australian taxes associated with our Services will be collected where applicable. You agree to provide accurate information necessary for MeetSunnybank to comply with our obligations under applicable law. You are solely responsible for collecting and remitting any applicable taxes resulting from the sale of your items or services listed on MeetSunnybank’s Services.
MeetSunnybank’s Services contain content from us, you, and other users. MeetSunnybank is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or via the Services is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute the Services or modify content from the Services, our trademarks or copyrights without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of the Services (other than your own content). When you give us content, including pictures, you grant us and represent that you have the right to grant us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, design, database and intellectual property rights to that content, in any media whether now known or to be discovered in the future, including third party sites and applications. You also waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest extent permitted by law. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements (Verified Rights Owners – VeRO). Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). We can remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights. If you have a good faith belief that a listing on any of the Services infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, all you need to do is contact MeetSunnybank.
Third Party services on MeetSunnybank. You may use the PayPal payment gateway for some financial transactions on our Services. When you link your PayPal account to your Account, you can use your PayPal account to pay or be paid for items by buyers or sellers while using MeetSunnybank’s Services. You acknowledge and agree that by utilising any third party services through our Services (such as PayPal), you are bound by the terms and conditions of that third party and we are not liable for any loss, claims or damages howsoever arising in connection with that third party’s services.
If you to link your PayPal account to your Account you appoint MeetSunnybank as your limited agent to:
a. provide to PayPal your name, address, payment amount, item details, item category, and all other information required by PayPal to enable PayPal to process payments to or from your PayPal account; and
b. receive payment confirmation and decline notices from PayPal in respect of your PayPal payment transactions.
When you link your PayPal account to your Account, we accept our appointment as your limited agent to undertake those activities specified in the paragraph above. Our appointment as your agent to undertake these activities terminates immediately upon your Account ceasing to be linked to your PayPal account.
If you have a dispute with PayPal, a buyer, or a seller, that does not arise directly as a result of an error by MeetSunnybank, in respect of any payment transacted (or failed to be transacted) on your PayPal Account, you release us and our affiliates (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees and those of our affiliates) from any and all claims demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
MeetSunnybank is not able to access your complete financial details from PayPal or your PayPal account. At no time does MeetSunnybank hold any of the funds when a buyer pays a seller using PayPal. Funds are transferred directly by PayPal from the buyer’s PayPal account to the seller’s PayPal account after the deduction by PayPal of any relevant PayPal fees. PayPal’s terms and conditions apply to your use of PayPal when you access PayPal’s services from our Services, and you must agree to PayPal’s terms and conditions in order to use the PayPal’s services. You acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any loss or damage you incur arising from your use of the PayPal method, unless such loss or damage was as a direct result of MeetSunnybank’s error, in which case our liability is limited in accordance with clause 11.
You acknowledge and agree that you have the opportunity to obtain independent legal and financial advice from appropriately qualified professional advisers and that you take into account your personal objectives, financial situation and needs before buying or selling an item via our Services.
You acknowledge and agree that the information provided by MeetSunnybank in relation to using PayPal’s services is factual in nature only and MeetSunnybank has not provided a recommendation or statement of opinion intended to influence your decision on whether or not to use PayPal’s services and that you cannot rely on any of MeetSunnybank’s advertising materials, terms, instructions or policies as a recommendation, statement of opinion or financial product advice.
Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. As most of the content on the Services comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and, to the extent permitted by law, we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the availability of our Services or that the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free. Notification functionality in the Services may not occur in real time. That functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind by a user of the Service which violates or infringes upon your rights, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law. To the extent permitted by law, and without limiting any rights that you may have under the Australian Consumer Law, MeetSunnybank’s liability to you for any failure by MeetSunnybank to comply with any statutory guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law is limited to MeetSunnybank supplying the Services again or paying you the cost of having the Services supplied again.
MeetSunnybank excludes any liability to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of MeetSunnybank failing to comply with an applicable statutory guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law if you suffering such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable and was not directly caused by MeetSunnybank.
You will indemnify and hold harmless MeetSunnybank and our affiliates and our and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (each an “Indemnified Party”), from any claim made by any third party, together with any amounts payable to the third party whether in settlement or as may otherwise be awarded, and reasonable legal costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties, arising from or relating to your use of the Services, any alleged violation by you of the applicable terms, and any alleged violation by you of any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
If you have a dispute with one or more MeetSunnybank users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing.
We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by you and by us.
Send questions, comments or complaints to MeetSunnybank Customer Support.
These Commenting Guidelines and Rules was last updated in July 2019.