Chocolate Dipped Matcha Shortbread Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 200 grams dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- To prepare the cookies, sift the flour, 2 tablespoons matcha powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in a bowl of a standing mixer until light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Gather dough and form a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into rounds using a floured cookie cutter.
- Place on the prepared baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in microwave on high in 20-second interval, stirring in between. When it’s completely melted, stir in oil until combined.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a clean parchment paper.
- Dip half of each shortbread cookie in the melted chocolate. Let it drain off the excess, place it on the baking sheet.
- Repeat dipping with all the cookies.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Dust with matcha powder.