Matcha Ice Cream
- 1½ cup (360ml) whole milk
- 2 cups (480ml) heavy cream
- ¾ cups (165g) sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp matcha (Japanese green tea powder)**
- Freeze ice cream bowl for 24 hours.
- Combine whole milk, sugar, and salt in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Do not let milk come to a boil.
- Stir until sugar dissolves. Turn off heat.
- Transfer half cup warm milk to a small container. Add matcha and whisk vigorously until incorporated. Pour into warm milk.
- Also pour in cream and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place frozen bowl on base of ice cream maker and turn it on. Give chilled mixture a good stir before pouring into frozen bowl. Churn until desired consistency, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you prefer a firmer consistency, transfer ice cream to a container and place in freezer for a couple of hours.