Gyeranppang - Korean Egg Bread
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs (for batter)
- 1/2 cup melted salted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- some melted butter for coating the pan
- For fillings
- 6 eggs
- some ham or bacon
- some Chinese parsley (can be substituted with coriander or spring onions)
- pinches of salt
- pinches of black pepper
- Place 2 eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat until sugar is dissolve.
- Add all purpose flour, baking powder, vanilla essence, melted salted butter and milk into the bowl. Mix well. Make sure there is no lump.
- Coat the gyeranppang pan with melted butter. If you don’t have gyeranppang pan you can use muffin or cupcake pan.
- Pour batter into the 6 pans evenly. It should be about 1/4 full.
- Crack an egg into each pan and top with ham or bacon, parsley, pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Bake the gyeranppang at 200oC for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the oven and leave the gyeranppang in the oven for 5 minutes more to finish cooking. Serve warm.