Thai Pandan Chicken (Gai Haw Bai Toey)
- 500 g chicken breast, cut into 2×2 inch cube
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- Pandan (screw pine) leaves
- cooking oil for frying
- Wash chicken breast and pat dry with paper towel.
- Mix together soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and vinegar in a deep bowl.
- Add the chicken breast to the mixture and mix until all sides are covered. Let it marinate for at least 1 hour. Can also be placed in the fridge overnight covered with plastic wrap.
- Wrap each piece in pandan or screw pine leaves using a toothpick to hold them in place.
- Deep fry until the golden brown.
- Serve while hot.