Cream Cheese Wonton & Sriracha Cream Cheese Aioli
- For wonton
- Wonton / Spring roll sheets – as needed
- Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese – 3/4 Cup (3/4th of a 8 Oz packet)
- Spring (Green) onions – 3 Tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1/4 tsp (finely grated)
- Garlic Salt / Salt – 1/4 tsp (adjust per taste)
- Freshly ground back pepper – 1/8 tsp (adjust per taste)
- All purpose flour – as needed
- For Sriracha aioli
- Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese – 1/4 Cup (1/4th of a 8 Oz packet)
- Lemon extract – 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha (Asian Hot Sauce) – 3/4 Tbsp (adjust per taste)
- Salt – a small pinch
- Water – as needed.
- First, pull out the wonton / spring roll sheets out of the freezer and let it thaw for at least 30 mins until workable. Cover it up with a damp cloth to make sure that it doesn’t dry out. My spring roll sheets were larger in size, hence I cut them into quarters. Also, they were very thin, hence used 2 sheets per wonton.
- Now, add 3/4 cup of the cold cream cheese to a mixing bowl. Add the chopped spring onion, ginger, salt and pepper. Mix well with a spoon until combined.
- Heat the oil for frying. Also, add all purpose flour to a small bowl. Mix in water and make it into a paste. Take one of the wonton sheets onto the working surface. Place a little cream cheese mixture at the center of the sheet. Apply the flour paste to all four edges of the sheet.
- Fold it into a triangle as shown in the pics. Then apply some flour to one of the edges, bring them across and stick them together. Wonton is ready for frying. Refer to my video for the exact procedure.
- Drop the wonton into the hot oil and fry until golden. Drain excess oil on a paper napkin.
- Now moving on to the aioli. By now, the remaining 1/4 cup of the cream cheese should be softened. If not, you can microwave it for 5-10 secs. Then, add the softened cream cheese to a mixing bowl. Add the lemon extract, sriracha and salt. Mix well into a smooth paste. Add water as needed and mix until you get the desired consistency.
- Serve the wontons hot with the sriracha aioli.