Baked Banana Wontons + Coconut Caramel Sauce
- 1 medium banana, mashed with a fork
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 16 wonton wrappers (see note)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil, melted (or oil mister/cooking spray)
- Coconut Caramel Sauce
- 1/3 c. coconut milk (not light—you need the full-fat kind)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cinnamon and banana in a small bowl. Place a heaping teaspoon of banana filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper with a small amount of water, fold into a triangle, and press edges together to seal.
- Brush both sides of each finished wonton with coconut oil (or spray both sides with oil or cooking spray). Place wontons on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until corners are browned and crispy.
Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Whisk together coconut milk, vanilla, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and water in a small heavy-duty saucepan over medium-high heat. Do not stir!
- Allow mixture to come to a boil. Once it begins to boil, watch it like a hawk. Eventually the mixture will start to smell like caramel and turn a golden color, then light brown. This will take about 6 minutes. When you see that it’s started to turn brown, slowly pour in coconut milk mixture, whisking constantly and quickly. If the sugar hardens around the whisk, don’t worry; it will melt. Just keep whisking! Continue to heat over medium-high until mixture has thickened and is a light caramel color, about 5 minutes more. Drizzle over wontons and ice cream.