Signature Pineapple Tarts
- Tart Dough
- 140g Salted butter
- 1 Egg yolk
- 180g Plain flour
- 20g Corn flour
- 18g Milk powder
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl fitted with a paddle mixer and mix at medium speed until dough comes together and is smooth.
- Wrap tart dough with plastic sheet and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. (12 hours preferred)
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Remove tart dough from refrigerator and portion dough into 5-6g pieces.
- Portion pineapple jam to 4-5g portion.
- Wrap the pineapple jam in dough and shape the wrapped dough into a round ball.
- Lightly dust (6) with flour and shape it using a polvorone press.
- Brush a chinese character stamp mold with red colouring. Stamp each shaped cookie (from 7) with stamping mold. (you can either brush cookie with egg wash first before stamping but stamping the cookie without egg wash will prevent the stamped character from smudging)
- Bake cookies at 160C for 15-20mins or until cookie turns golden brown.
- Remove cookie from oven cool completely on a cooling rack.