Jackfruit Tapioca Trifle with Muscovado and Coconut
- 300 g. jackfruit, fresh or preserved jackfruit (Jackfruit preserved in sugar syrup available commercially. I used the bottled one.)
- 100 g. tapioca
- 1 liter water
- 60 g. white sugar
- 2 cups almond milk + more for adjustment if needed
- 4 teaspoons muscovado sugar
- 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- Soak the tapioca in water for an hour. Drain and discard the water.
- Boil 1 liter water. When it boils, add the drained tapioca and white sugar. Cook for about 10 minutes or until they become transparent. Add more water if it becomes too thick. Let cool.
- In the meantime, put the preserved jackfruit in a blender and blend until creamy. Set aside.
- Mix the cooled tapioca and almond milk. Add more almond milk if you find the tapioca too sticky.
- Spoon some tapioca in a glass. Next, layer some jackfruit, then tapioca again.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Before serving, top with a teaspoon of muscovado sugar and a teaspoon of coconut flour.