Hong Kong Style Sausage Bun 腸仔包
- 120g TangzhongWater Roux
- 125ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 55g Sugar
- 4g Salt
- 350g Bread Flour
- 1 tablespoon Milk Powder
- 6g Instant Yeast
- 30g Butter Softened, room Temperature
- 6 Frankfurt Sausages
- Bread Machine: According to your bread maker instruction, select dough function. Add in the wet ingredient and then dry ingredient, once it start form dough add in the butter. Once the dough cycle finish, dough should be about double in size.Alternative – Hand Knead: Put all dry ingredients in a clean working surface, make a well and put all wet ingredients in. Knead until it becomes dough and gluten has developed. Cover with wet towel until it double in size (Approximately 45-60 minutes).
- Transfer to clean floured working surface, gently deflated the dough and squeeze all the air out. Divide dough into 6 portions. Cover with Cling wrap and rest for 15 minutes.
- Knead dough into a long tube like (approximately 40cm), roll around the sausage with seal face down.
Place on baking tray line with baking paper and cover with cling wrap or wet towel and rest for 45-60 minutes until double in size.
- Pre-heated oven to 180 degree C and brush whisked egg on surface of the rolls.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to rack and let it cool down.