Stir-fried Basil Eggplant Chicken Soba
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 3 cups chopped eggplant, ½ inch dice
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts, coarsely chopped***
- 1 pound chicken cut into one inch chunks
- ½ cup fresh basil, cut into chiffonade
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 cup cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Siracha
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
***If you can’t find fresh bean sprouts you can simply omit them or used canned but be sure to drain well.
- Cook soba according to directions. Rinse with cool water and drain.
- In a medium bowl mix chopped eggplant and bean sprouts. In another shallow bowl, place chopped chicken.
- Mix all ingredients for marinade. Pour half marinade over chicken and half over eggplant mixture. Let marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- In a wok over medium high heat, add ½ Tablespoon sesame oil and heat to shimmering. Add chicken without the marinade and cook for several minutes until chicken is cooked through but still tender. Remove chicken from wok and set aside in another bowl. Wipe wok.
- Add remaining ½ Tablespoon sesame oil to wok. Over medium heat, add garlic and let cook for a few minutes. Add eggplant and bean sprouts again without the marinade, reserve. Cook for several minutes until tender. Add noodles and chicken. Add ½ -2/3 cup marinade left from the eggplants. Cook for a few minutes until everything is hot. Remove from heat and stir in basil chiffonade.
- Serve and top with sesame seeds.