Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass
- 8-10 shiitake mushrooms
- soy sauce
- 5-10 lotus slices (I used frozen, pre-cut)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sesame oil
- 1 bunch choy sum (or any Asian vegetable of choice)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ~ 1/3 cup water (or extra mushroom broth)
- Put shittake mushrooms and just enough water to cover in a pot. Boil for about 5 min, then reduce to a simmer while the pot covered for additional 15 minutes. Add soy sauce to taste.
- Place lotus slices on foil and cover with sesame oil and salt and pepper. Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes, until crispy. I did not defrost mine, so reduce/adjust baking time of your lotus is defrosted or fresh.
- Cut off the ends of the choy sum. Stir fry the choy sum and garlic with oil in a wok on high heat for a few minutes. Add water to the vegetables; cover the top and reduce to low for 5-10 min to steam the vegetables. Drizzle with sesame oil.
- To plate, lay the vegetables first, then rice (packed in a square), then perch the sea bass on top. Drizzle the mushroom broth on the plate. Enjoy!