Asian Oven-fried Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken drumsticks (approx 10 drumsticks)
- 2 Tbsp hoisin
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Place drumsticks in a large Ziploc bag.
- Add hoisin, oyster sauce, honey, garlic, sesame seeds, pepper and sesame oil.
- Seal the Ziploc bag, and massage marinade into the chicken drumsticks for about a minute.
- Let marinade for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll the drumsticks in Panko breadcrumbs. Make sure they’re well coated. Place on to baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 23 minutes, flip the drumsticks over, then bake for another 23 minutes.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.