Ginger Garlic Chilli Shrimp Stir Fry
- 250g peeled and cleaned shrimp
- 30g fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 75-100g noodles (I like to use Udon noodles but egg noodles are also good)
- 1 tablespoon flavourless cooking oil
- 2 large salad onions, sliced 1-cm thick
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Chingkiang vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Add the ginger, garlic, light soy sauce and chili to the shrimp and allow to steep for an hour.
- Cook your noodles as recommended on the packet and then refresh in cold water.
- Put your wok on a fierce heat and when it is shimmering add in the oil and fry the onions for 30 seconds.
- Then add in the shrimp with all of the marinade ingredients and fry for a further 2 minutes ensuring you keep things moving all of the time.
- Throw in the drained noodles along with the mirin, dark soy sauce and chingkiang vinegar bring the noodles to temperature and combine all of the ingredients together which should take a maximum of one more minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil and serve with optional toasted sesame seeds