Asian Cold Noodle Salad
- 5 cups dried chow mein noodles (roughly 6 oz.)
- ½ cup cucumber, cut into thin 2 inch strips
- ½ cup carrots. cut into thin 2 inch strips
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 and ½ tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 and ½ tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. honey (or brown sugar if vegan)
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. red pepper powder (optional)
- Cook the noodles in a medium sized pot according to the package directions.
- Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water. If the noodles you have used are not pre-cut in short pieces, cut them into 2 or 3 inch pieces and set aside.
- In blender, add the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, honey, garlic and red pepper powder. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the noodles.
- Pour in the salad dressing and toss until all ingredients are fully coated. Serve cold.