Asian Baked Salmon
- 2 TB fresh ginger coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 TB coconut oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chile flakes
- Salmon glaze divided
- 4 ounces salmon fillets approximately 5 each
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth (a little texture from the red pepper is okay but get that ginger blended up).
- Dump mixture into a small sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce turns into a thick glaze (it will cover the back of a spoon without running off).
- Divide sauce in half.
Baking the salmon
- Line a baking sheet with foil (dull side up) and lightly oil it.
- Place fillets on baking sheet and coat with half of the glaze.
- Bake until the thickest part of the the fillet registers 145F on an instant read thermometer, about 10-13 minutes.
- With a clean spoon or pastry brush, coat salmon with reserved glaze.